Introducing Authors Angel Haze & Slade Sewell (YA Feature #9)



This week I want to welcome Angel Haze and Slade Sewell, to Reading Away The Days. Angel and Slade are co-authors of Legacies of Talimura: War of the Witch! They are not only co-authors but also husband and wife. Lets show some love to Angel and Slade by checking out their novel and showing some comment love!

Angel is a Canadian author who is an avid reader of fantasy, thriller, and mystery novels. Angel writes both fantasy and thriller novels. In her free time, Angel, likes to spent her time dancing, fitness training with P90X, watching movies and Game of Thrones. Legacies of Talimura: War of the Witch is co-authored by Angel's husband Slade Sewell. Slade grew up as an only child, and, therefore, developed an active imagination. His free time is devoted to the three things he loves most: hockey, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and RPG games.

What is Legacies of Talimura: War of the Witch about?

Debonair, a witch from the Unspoken Lands, has meddled in the forbidden practice of magic and created an army of nightmarish proportions. When sixteen-year-old Astanyx and his two best friends return from a hunting trip to find their small town of Polca reduced to smoke and ash, they find themselves thrust into battle for which they haven't been trained.

With the help of his comrades, including an esteemed warrior, one of the last great wizards and a princess they've sworn to protect, Astanyx must fight to unite the kingdoms of the humans, dwarves and elves. He must ask forbidden questions that no one wants to answer, questions about Talimura's dark history. As Debonair's brutal warriors lay siege to the kingdoms, Astanyx is driven to pursue a fateful quest for a blade powerful enough to defeat the malevolent witch before she destroys the three kingdoms and unleashes and unspeakable ancient evil.

Now for some fun questions with Angel & Slade:

*If you could be a character in one book, who would it be and why?

Slade: When I was growing up, I wanted to be Aragorn from Lord of the Rings. A renegade, lone ranger who secretly a king.

*If you could have written one novel, what would it have been and why?

Angel: And I can only choose one? There's too many to count! I'm going to have a go with A Song of Fire and Ice: A Game of Thrones by George R.R.Martin. As soon as the first season of Game of Thrones ended, I HAD to buy the books. I refused to do so until before the season ended because I didn't want any spoilers. (Even though my husband kept looking online and talking to his buddies to see what happened next. The episodes were so brilliant he could hardly keep it a secret: " I won't spoil it for you, but I have to tell you this!") When I bought the books, I realized it's even better than I expected. It's so beautifully written and hooks you from the beginning... I'm speechless. All I can say is that it's a masterpiece.

*Which character in a book are you similar too and why?

Slade: Cao Cao from Romance of the Three Kingdoms by Luo Guanzhong. This Chinese warrior took advantage of the chaos of the time and rose up to conquer and rule.

*If you were stuck on a desert island and were allowed to bring THREE authors with you, who would they be and why?

Angel: The first one that comes to mind is Stephen King. I've only read four or five of his books, but it's his personality that gets me. Have you ever seen him do a speech or an interview? He's hilarious!

The second is John Locke. I love his books, his enthusiasm, his dry humour, and his twisted and somewhat controversial subject matter. He is not out to please the experts of critics, he writes to a specific audience and gives them exactly what they want. He is all about his fans and I love that about him.

The third is Dean Koontz. I'm not sure what he's like in real life, but I'm sure his mind is just as twisted as the others if his books are any indication.

Basically, I'd want to escape into the minds of twisted authors suffering from voices in their heads, voices that yearn to be heard, including those from a pet cemetery, a former CIA assassin, and one who sees ghosts who have yet to pass on, as odd as that may seem :)

Slade: I don't know. As long as the three authors are female and they're cute. Pictures are mandatory.. ;)

Thanks to Slade and Angel. Legacies of Talimura: War of the Witch is available on Amazon and Smashwords for $0.99!

US AMAZON: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005965A64
UK AMAZON: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005965A64
SMASHWORDS: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/70412

Connect with:

Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/AngelHaze7
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Angel-Haze/112457508837831
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4949334.AngelHaze
Website: http://www.angelhaze.com/









































2 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The author's names sure caught my attention on this one! It actually sounds like a great book -- I love reading about new authors and books! Thanks.
    Digicats {at} Sbcglobal {dot} Net

    ReplyDelete