Beautiful Covers!

I love covers of books! When I go into a book store or the Library it is the cover that attracts me, and makes me want to pick up the book and read what it is about. Sometimes I even buy books just because I love the cover without reading what it is about. In my opinion if a cover is bright and attactive and beautiful the book is always good. There is some really great books released this year that have amazing covers but one that really attracts my attention is Ally Condie's new book Crossed.

Last year I saw Ally's book Matched on loads of blog's as a book to read and I got really excited because  the cover instantly attracted me, the vivid green was beautiful, the girl being trapped in a "bubble" with the beautiful dress on was just so pretty. I had to buy it! When it was released in the UK I went out and got it straight away. As I predicted the story sounded awesome. I have to admit I haven't read it yet as I am currently loaded under with books but I have decided to read it in the 24HR reading marathorn am doing next month!


Now the second book in the series is out later this year. It is called Crossed and this cover is as beautiful as the Matched cover. I just love the way these covers are. The choice of beautiful colour used. I just cant express how much I LOVE these covers.


Do you like book covers? Is the cover what attracts you to pick up the book & read it?

Megan :)

3 comments

  1. Hi Megan!
    Thanks for the visit to my blog! I agree with you about Norah Wilson's books - when I first got them to review, I thought "oh no"....but then I started the first one and I read straight through. Can't believe that she isn't getting more notice. Come back and find out about more Indie authors this week! Hopefully you have a day full of reading :)

    Barb from Sugarbeat's Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Barb. They do sound really good. Will be visiting you over the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. me to! I judge a book by it's cover and these books as you know I'm dying to read! :)They sound so good and I can't get over where the imagination must have come from to get such a beautiful cover x

    ReplyDelete